[clug] 5 1/2" floppy drive needed

rodneyp at pcug.org.au rodneyp at pcug.org.au
Thu Jan 17 14:16:20 MST 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:00:07 linux-request at lists.samba.org wrote:
> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:12:51 +1100
> From: Michael James <clug3 at james.st>
> To: linux at lists.samba.org
> Subject: [clug] 5 1/2" floppy drive needed
>
> Dear Cluggers,
>
> Anyone willing to lend* a 5 1/2" floppy drive for a data resurrection
> effort?
>
> Especially if you're near Black Mountain,
>  the disk that needs reading is at CSIRO there.
>
> Thanks,
> Michael James
>
> *lend: We could collect drive, but better still
>  bring disk to drive if it's attached and working.

Do you know whether the floppies are formatted 1.2 MB or 360k (assuming MS/PC-
DOS).  A true 360 k drive is likely to be more successful with the latter.

I have both versions of the drive but neither has been used for many years and
would want to check them out before hand.  ISTR there are some quaint
termination issues with these devices.

--
Rod