[clug] [OT] Broadband clangers

Carlo Hamalainen carlo.hamalainen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 02:49:15 MST 2013

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 12:08 PM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic <
ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 August 2010 11:57, Christopher Yeoh <cyeoh at ozlabs.org> wrote:>
> Believe it or not increasingly people are also sending geo location
> > data along with their tweets. You'd probably hate foursquare even
> > more :-)
>
> And hasn't someone worked out a way of telling when no-one is home and
> thus it's safe to rob them using their foursquare + twitter
> information?

Maybe we'll see more of it in the future.

Sensationalist media beat-up from today:
http://www.news.com.au/realestate/news/burglars-targeting-empty-homes-through-facebook-search/story-fncq3gat-1226551332286
which seems to be based on this media release from December 2012:
http://www.ecu.edu.au/news/media-releases/2012/12/inside-the-mind-of-a-burglar

--
Carlo Hamalainen
http://carlo-hamalainen.net