[clug] Any experience in collaborative authoring using Version Control and Latex??

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 02:21:02 MST 2013

Steve,

I know this is not the answer you're after, but really, why not start
with something like Google Docs (now Google Drive I suspect). Having
collaboratively edited many, many docs there, I can vouch for its
utility - it may be the best thing to come out of the now defunct
Google Wave. Yes, yes, you do have to sacrifice your freedom on the
Google altar but that's a choice for each of us. It really is
excellent for getting the content into the shape you want and while
the formatting side is not a patch on Latex, you can export as all
sorts of things then work your magic on Latex sources.

The Google tool takes care of versioning and its
all-of-us-edit-at-once capability is just lovely.

Go and have a play before you reject it out of hand. :)

--
MC