[clug] [OT][FORSALE/SWAP4BEER] Various computer things

Dale Shaw dale.shaw at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 21:28:23 MST 2013

Hi all,

[it must be that time of the year.]

Part 1 of ??

The first person to commit (via return e-mail) to furnishing me with a
not-yet-drunk case of Coopers Sparkling Ale in exchange for these
things, will get these things!

Strong preference for offloading this stuff to one person. If no one
wants to take the lot or buy the beer, I will re-post.

Everything below is in working order to the best of my knowledge. If
any major item turns out to be broken, I will give you back beer on a
pro-rata basis based on a secret algorithm I developed just then.

Cheers,
Dale

1 x Duron 800MHz system
- AOpen HX08 tower case w/ 300W PSU)
- 640MB RAM (2 x 256MB + 1 x 128MB module, presumably)
- Adaptec 2940UW PCI SCSI controller
- US Robotics PCI fax/modem
- LS-120 (120MB IDE / 1.44MB FDD compatible) drive
- 32X CD-ROM drive
- Video card
- Sound card
- no HDD
- no monitor/keyboard/mouse

1 x Sun Ultra 10 workstation
- UltraSPARC IIi 440MHz CPU
- 640MB RAM (2 x 256MB + 2 x 64MB)
- + quad Fast Ethernet (QFE) network card
- w/ Sun keyboard + mouse
- no HDD
- no monitor

1 x Sun Ultra 5 workstation
- UltraSPARC IIi 360MHz CPU
- 128MB RAM (2 x 64MB)
- no HDD
- no monitor/keyboard/mouse (but compatible w/ the U10)

1 x Apple iPod 'Classic' 3rd gen. 20GB, probably now cool with the hipsters!
- works fine, w/ all required accessories (incl. box)
- has iPodLinux installed
- probably needs a new battery for any 'production' use
- 'Windows' format (as distinct from 'Mac' format)
- w/ USB+FireWire cable and original carry case
- w/ FireWire charger but no A/NZ adapter (use one from your other
Apple device(s))
- + Belkin carry case
- + Belkin TuneCast II FM Transmitter

1 x Olympus C-750 4MP digital camera
- 10x optical zoom
- broken battery cover (tape works fine)
- w/ box and all manuals etc.
- no memory card (takes xD media), unless I can find one before you arrive
- w/ optional flash (Olympis FL-20) add-on

1 x IBM ThinkPad Mini-Dock Docking Station
- P/N 62P4551
- compat. w/T40/R50/X30/T30/R40/A30 + maybe more (check spec)
- modem/Ethernet/VGA/DVI/COM/LPT/PS2/audio port replication
- 4 x USB ports
- w/power supply

1 x IBM ThinkPad Port Replicator II
- P/N 74P6733
- compat. w/T40/R50/X30/T30/R40/A30 + maybe more (check spec)
- modem/Ethernet/VGA/DVI/COM/LPT/PS2/audio/USB port replication

1 x Cisco/LinkSys wireless/broadband router
- P/N WRT54GX v2 (doesn't seem to be supported by OpenWRT?)
- 1 x 'internet' port and 4 x LAN ports (in reality I believe they can
all work as LAN ports)
- w/ power supply

1 x Vantec NexStar 3 external 3.5" HDD enclosure
- IDE compatible (not SATA)
- USB 2.0 compatible
- no HDD
- I actually have two units but one of them may be faulty

2 x 512MB (1GB) DDR2 667Mhz DIMMs
- P/N HYS64T64000HU-3S-A
- I think these came from a Dell Dimension 9150 system

1 x Cisco Aironet 350 series wireless LAN adapter (PCMCIA)
- P/N AIR-PCM352
- 2.4GHz 11Mbps 802.11b
- no manuals/box etc.

1 x Cisco/LinkSys wireless LAN adapter (USB)
- P/N WUSB54GC
- 2.4GHz 54Mbps 802.11g
- no manuals/box etc.

1 x Microsoft Bluetooth keyboard/mouse combo
- incl. USB Bluetooth transceiver

1 x LaCie USB 2.0/FireWire 400 PCMCIA card
- add 2 x FireWire 400 and 2 x USB 2.0 ports to notebook PC
- w/ box, manual/software etc.

1 x Octopus car speakerphone
- Solar charge
- w/ manual and cables

1 x Nokia HF-210 car speakerphone
- no manuals or cables

1 x maybe more amazing things from my gadget emporium.