[clug] DVB Streaming of Arts Festivals

Hugh Fisher hugh.fisher at anu.edu.au
Wed Jan 2 19:35:15 MST 2013

On 03/01/13 12:13, Robert Edwards wrote:

> I would love to know the answer to this. Even better, how can I
> transcode the video stream on the fly so as not to toast my ancient
> 802.11b/g AP? Whilst transcoding, I coudl potentially reformat to
> whatever format an Android app might be happier with.

gstreamer can do realtime processing on RTP streams, and includes
FFMPEG and other filters that can do pretty much anything you want
to video and audio.

I know it works for piping incoming RTP into applications. The doco
says you can also stream out again in various forms of RTP/TCP/UDP,
but I've never tried that myself so can't definitely say it would
work. But it looks like it should.

	cheers,
	Hugh Fisher