[clug] Asus Transformer Infinity - battery life in suspend mode

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 19:54:42 MST 2013

Hi all,

Does anyone on the list have an Asus Transformer Infinity (TF700) ?

I've been noticing some problems with a fairly new one that is up to
date (except for the last update) and with the only installed apps
being Firefox and MX player. The battery life in sleep/suspend mode is
notably worse than I'd expect. I did some tests (with GPS and wireless
off) where I left the pad in sleep mode and checked the battery charge
several hours later.

In the first, the dock was 100%, pad % 98%. When I woke it 14 hours
later, the dock was 90% and the pad was 77%. The second test followed
after using the device for about 30 mins. With the dock/pad put into
suspend at 89%/74%, 10 hours later it was 48%/81% (the pad recharges
from the dock). 35 hours after that, it was at 0%/25%.

I read elsewhere that others were getting discharge rates of 1-2% over
a period of 8 or even 12-24 hours (allegedly). Has anyone else got an
idea of battery use on Asus pads when in sleep mode?

Ben