[clug] Majordomo install on CentOS with cPanel

Adam Baxter voltagex at voltagex.org
Thu Dec 19 06:12:46 MST 2013

Forwarding back to the list
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Anestis Kozakis" <kenosti at gmail.com>
Date: 19 Dec 2013 19:12
Subject: Re: [clug] Majordomo install on CentOS with cPanel
To: "Adam Baxter" <voltagex at voltagex.org>

On 19 December 2013 15:31, Adam Baxter <voltagex at voltagex.org> wrote:

> >I tried to follow the instructions from the majordomo site and a few other
> places, and it failed spectacularly.
>
> Hi Anestis,
> I have no experience with Majordomo, but here's some questions you get you
> (plus me and anyone else reading) thinking about the problem.
>
> Which instructions have you tried?

I did tryt he instructions at
http://outofcontrol.ca/thoughts/comments/installing-majordomo-on-a-cpanel-box-with-exim
but
it looks like they are no longer available.

> Where did you get stuck?

Modifying exim with the now no longer available instructions.

> What errors did you see?

E-mails not being sent from the webserver.  All e-mail activity was
stopped.  We only realsied this when we no longer received JIRA e-mails
from one of our other domains.

> What versions of the software that you mentioned are you using? (CPanel,
> CentOS, majordomo)

 MajorDomo 1.94.5
CPanel/WHM 11.40.1 (build 3)
CentIOS 5.10 i686

Anestis.

Anestis Kozakis | kenosti at gmail.com
- "In Numenera, players are not rewarded for slaying foes in combat, so
using a smart idea to avoid combat and still succeed is just good play.
Likewise, coming up with an idea to defeat a foe without hammering on it
with weapons is encouraged - creativity is not cheating!"
- Numenera Core RuleBook - Page 102