[clug] Installing debian on a macpro - grub failed

Logan Ryan McLintock u4955237 at anu.edu.au
Tue Dec 17 00:35:22 MST 2013

Hi my friends, (sorry my email is stupid lol)

Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the help. I have learnt a lot from the various comments - you don't know what you don't know, and it is hard to research 'horse with a horn' when you don't know they are called unicorns lol. Merry Christmas Clugian genii gangsters =)

I will work through Paul's instructions and see how I go. Thanks team,

Regards,
LoganOn 17/12/2013, at 6:34 PM, Logan Ryan McLintock <u4955237 at anu.edu.au> wrote:

> On 17/12/2013, at 6:33 PM, Logan Ryan McLintock <u4955237 at anu.edu.au> wrote:
>
>> Hi my friends,
>>
>> Thank you sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much for the help. I have learnt a lot from the various comments - you don't know what you don't know, and it is hard to research 'horse with a horn' when you don't know they are called unicorns lol. Merry Christmas Clugian genii gangsters =)
>>
>> I will work through Paul's instructions and see how I go. Thanks team,
>>
>> Regards,
>> Logan

>>> Here's what I had to do for my MACs:
>>>
>>> EFI needs its own smallish partition with a fat32 filesystem
>>>
>>> here's my layout with just one disk:
>>>
>>> (parted) print
>>> Model: ATA Hitachi HTS54503 (scsi)
>>> Disk /dev/sda: 320GB
>>> Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
>>> Partition Table: gpt
>>>
>>> Number  Start   End    Size    File system     Name  Flags
>>> 1      1049kB  512MB  511MB   fat32                 boot
>>> 2      512MB   316GB  316GB   ext4