[clug] recommendations for ARM desktop, server?

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Wed Dec 4 18:42:33 MST 2013

Anyone on list using an ARM-based Desktop? What are the recommendations
for local suppliers etc.? I am thinking of something somewhat larger
than your average RaspPi, or other "thin clients".

Also, interested in hearing of any experiences on running LXC (Linux
Containers) on ARM for virtual servers. What hardware have people tried
this on? I am thinking I would like something with at least 2GB of RAM
and some proper SATA ports for SSD or other block devices.

Thanks for any tips or pointers,

Bob Edwards.