[clug] Majordomo install on CentOS with cPanel

Anestis Kozakis kenosti at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 16:47:25 MST 2013

Hi all,

New to the list, but am hoping to find some help.

I have my own webserver and I want to install mailing list software that is
a sight more managable and better than MailMan that comes with cPanel.

I tried to follow the instructions from the majordomo site and a few other
places, and it failed spectacularly.

I've also tried other software (including some to be  a combination of
forum/mailing list) and again, it failed, usually because the people who
write these instructions are the programmers of the software, thus, they
make a lot of assumptions about a person's knowledge and tend to skip a few
things.

I was wondering if anyone had any experience installing majordomo, or if
someone would be willing to help me out (i.e. show me where I went wrong).

Regards,

Anestis.

Anestis Kozakis | kenosti at gmail.com
- "In Numenera, players are not rewarded for slaying foes in combat, so
using a smart idea to avoid combat and still succeed is just good play.
Likewise, coming up with an idea to defeat a foe without hammering on it
with weapons is encouraged - creativity is not cheating!"
- Numenera Core RuleBook - Page 102