[clug] 'prelink' errors

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Wed Aug 28 21:54:52 MDT 2013

Having done an upgrade to f19 I now see that many modules fail 'rpm -q --verify'.
Following up I see that this is due to many (almost all) executables failing the
'prelink' test.

I think that this is due to a problem the upgrade had at some point (I have no idea
what the cause is) where glibc-common-2.17-13 and -14 were both present (the remove of
the old one failed).

Is it safe to now run 'prelink -a'? Is this the proper way to relink the executables?
After all, the current situation is rather unhelpful.

TIA

--
Eyal Lebedinsky	(eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)