[clug] August Canberra Linux Users Group meeting

Paul Wayper paulway at mabula.net
Mon Aug 19 16:00:10 MDT 2013

	Canberra Linux Users Group Meeting - 22nd August 2013

Date:		22nd August 2013 (Fourth Thursday of the month)

Time:		19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)

Speaker:	Richard Lemon

Abstract:	Richard will be speaking about security problems for
		software developers.

		Programming is an exercise in problem solving. We work
		out what the root cause of the problem is, and we find a
		way to program around it. Sometimes, that involves
		fixing some of the parts of our system, so that we can
		keep on developing.

		And sometimes those "fixes" leave our systems vulnerable
		to attack. Worse, sometimes the underlying assumptions
		of what the problem is make us open up our systems and
		make their security weaker.

		In this engaging talk, Richard will be demonstrating
		some of the problems developers can inadvertently cause
		when not paying close enough attention to the overall
		security of the system they're working with.

Venue:		Room N101
		Computer Science and Information Technology Building
		North Road
		The Australian National University

		See http://clug.org.au/ for more directions and a map

Food/drink:	Pizza and soft drink/juice. Come hungry, and bring
		about $6 to cover the cost of your share if you
		want some.

If you would like to give a talk at a future meeting, please email me.