[clug] PSIG meeting 8/8/13

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 13 17:40:22 MDT 2013

On 13/08/13 20:00, Neill Cox wrote:
> Can I suggest that the two of you take this off list.
>
> I don't think that having all of CLUG watch this exchange is going to help.
>
> If the pair of you would like a referee maybe someone will volunteer,  but
> it seems to me that this is not an occasion that the CLUG list peanut
> gallery is likely to contribute anything positive.

I'm torn between staying silent and speaking up - speaking up has won
out here.

Can I just say that both Paul and Steve have contributed so much to our
group over the years and I want to say, on behalf of all those who come
along to the monthly main meetings and the PSIG meetings, that we all
really appreciate the many long hours you have both put in organising
speakers, making sure they are coming, making sure that we have
everything set up for them etc. etc. None of us should underestimate
the amount of effort you (and others before you) have put in.

I really hope that you can both continue to contribute to the group.

Let us know what we can do to help sort out this (relatively) minor
miscommunication. And please don't "burn any bridges" over this.

In appreciation,

Bob Edwards.