[clug] iptables on R Pi

Logan Ryan McLintock u4955237 at anu.edu.au
Tue Aug 6 08:15:36 MDT 2013

Hi Jeff and David,

Your tips have helped with my googling, and I think I have found what I am after - how obvious but to be in the Debian help docs - such a rookie

https://wiki.debian.org/iptables

If I follow these instructions, but delete this line:

-A INPUT -p tcp -m state --state NEW --dport 30000 -j ACCEPT

as I don't what SSH,
then everything should be ok I think. I take it that 80 and 443 are just to let you surf the net? I will give it a go =)

PS. Just installed Trisquel, and I love it!!! -- I will be switching to it from Linux Mint 15 -- the only problem with Trisquel thus far is no Australian server so updates/software package installs are slow.

-)