[clug] Xorg detecting another monitor msg

Paul Wilson mylists at wilsononline.id.au
Thu Apr 11 23:21:58 MDT 2013

One my Fedora 17 MythTV box recently , possibly after the last few Kernel
upgrades ....KDE has been showing a "Detected VGA monitor" but I am only
using HDMI output (have been for quiet a while) nothing connected via VGA.

Any one know how to stop this or check why this is happening?

Note I have a Nvidia GT 240 Video card, and I've connected TV out via HDMI
(not DVI)
XRANDR output is as follows is telling me I'm using "VGA-0" is this a label
or does it really think I'm using VGA .

xrandr
Screen 0: minimum 8 x 8, current 1280 x 720, maximum 8192 x 8192
DVI-I-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
HDMI-0 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
DVI-I-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right x axis y axis)
VGA-0 connected 1280x720+0+0 (normal left inverted right x axis y axis) 0mm
x 0mm
1920x1080 50.0 + 59.9 24.0 30.0 30.0 25.0
1280x720 60.0* 59.9 50.0
720x576 50.0
640x480 59.9 59.9
480x576 50.0