[clug] test for windows architecture from Linux

B boydwilding at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 05:07:20 MDT 2013

If you can access the C drive from a linux box, you could try the
following fairly simple check:

Check for timestamp of c:\windows\system32\winver.exe, if it is circa
2009 (mine is Tue 14 Jul 2009 1139 for win7) then it is win7, as that is
when it was released. Vista or below would be stamped 2006 or earlier.

Check for existence of c:\program files (x86)\, if it exists, it is
64bit, if not, it is 32bit.

Hope this helps.