[clug] test for windows architecture from Linux

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 00:32:32 MDT 2013

Any suggestions on how to test from Linux if Windows 7 is installed, and
if so is it 32 or 64-bit.
Preferably by checking the boot sector - but could also be by mounting
and checking partitions.

A solution that worked for all releases of Windows 7 would be great -
otherwise just Home Premium. This needs to be scripted so a degree of
precision is appreciated.

No - I don't have a copy of Windows 7 any more. (and I'd prefer not to
have to download one of the VirtualBox images that MS give-away).

TIA

Kind regards