[clug] How do people get "new music" on there iPod via Linux?

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Apr 1 23:04:29 MDT 2013

Hi All,
	So some time (2+ years) ago I finally switched my wife from
windows XP to Ubuntu.  Everything has been fine no major problems.  At
the time she added a bunch of songs to her iPod with rhythmbox.
Recently  she asked so how do I get new music onto her iPod.

Under windws she could buy exactly the tracks she wanted (and not the
whole album) and click-clicky new music.

Amazon is the only provider I can think of that can sell track-by-track,
and they don't sell (AFAICT) in Australia for silly reasonsin Australia
for silly reasons.

I know I /can/ run iTunes under wine but I'd rather not if I can avoid
it.
We can trivially buy the CDs but whenyou only want 1 or 2 tracks that's
not really ideal.

So how do others do this?

Yours Tony