[clug] Galaxy S & Sensation soft bricked

Andreas Bauer Andreas.Bauer at nicta.com.au
Wed Sep 12 02:00:24 MDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 04:04:16PM +1000, Chris Smart wrote:

> Anyone have the required hardware for resurrecting Samsung Galaxy S
> (I9000-T) and/or HTC Sensation? Both software bricked.

No.

But I do wonder, are they bricked in the sense that you cannot even
get into download mode or whatever its called?  I thought I had mine
(Samsung Galaxy S) bricked some time ago, but as it turns out as long
as said phone was able to enter download mode I could use heimdall and
flash new firmwares onto it until it worked again - magically.

I tried about 10 firmwares or so until it worked again.  Then I put a
new bootloader on and, finally, installed Cyanogen.  But during that
time, I could have sworn I bricked it, except, well, I hadn't.  :-)

Maybe this little story proves insightful.

Cheers,

Andi.

--
/* Andreas Bauer                        Senior Researcher, NICTA
 * Andreas.Bauer at nicta.com.au       Adjunct Research Fellow, ANU