[clug] Dual GigE NIC recommendations

Steve Barnes steve at echo.id.au
Mon Sep 3 02:46:16 MDT 2012

On 3/09/2012 12:12 PM, Robert Edwards wrote:
> Anyone recommend a reasonable dual GigE NIC (PCIe) for a reasonably
> recent Linux kernel (eg. 2.6.32 etc.) that is available locally?
>
> Only one I can find so far is Acer Dual Port GigE NIC from Techbuy
> which appears to be based on Intel 82576, which seems to have reasonable
> support for the last few years.
>
> Any comments/recommendations?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Bob Edwards.

I snaffled a 2nd hand Intel PRO/1000 PT Dual Port PCIe via ebay for $80.
Rock solid since installation about 3 months ago.

01:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 06)
01:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82571EB Gigabit Ethernet
Controller (rev 06)

2.6.32-279.5.2.el6.x86_64

Steve