[clug] Flaky Asus Transformer Prime TF201 (linux Digest, Vol 118, Issue 18, Message 7)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:04:23 MDT 2012

Ben,

> Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 11:08:58 +1100
> From: Ben Davies <bdcrux at gmail.com>

> * The screen had a problem with flicker around the LHS edge. This
> appears to have been addressed in an update ...

  Yep, I've had that problem. Seems to have been fixed in the last
couple of releases. I put it down to the Tegra 2 firmware not being
quite ready for prime-time (IMHO a lot of this device smell of "rush
to market to beat the iPad").

  It updated itself to Jellybean recently and the scrolling's
noticeably faster/smoother. Anything that really used the 3D graphics
was always completely smooth (Mostly 1st/2nd party demo apps really).

M0les.

--
Miles Goodhew,
Executive Computer Scientist