[clug] Running Win8 under grub, or VBox + physical partition

Gary Woodman antigramp at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 05:47:24 MDT 2012

On 16/10/12 15:26, steve jenkin wrote:

> Have they moved to EFI boot and locked things down?
>
> Any gotchas on configs, hardware, BIOS, features, ...?

It might be better if they had moved to EFI boot... the last couple of
machines I've bought have a new trick to block any alternative OS. They
have four primary partitions: boot, user (including OS), recovery, and
diagnostics. You have to get rid of at least one of these to make room
for an alternative, not as easy as it seems! Last time I ended up
replacing the whole HDD.

Gary