[clug] GNOME 3 in trouble according to El reg. True or a beat up?

Chris Smart clug at christophersmart.com
Mon Nov 5 13:55:45 MST 2012

On 05/11/12 22:12, Robert Edwards wrote:

> Hey, thanks Andrew - this "recipe" is GOLD - saves me a bunch of false
> starts on my Internet searches for similar solution! Got any good refs
> to recommend?

You can set those defaults globally, too:
gconftool-2 --direct
--config-source=xml:readwrite:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults --set --type
string /desktop/gnome/applications/media/exec vlc

If you want to fiddle with GDM:
sudo -u gdm gconftool-2 --set --type string
/apps/gdm/simple-greeter/logo_icon_name my-logo

-c