[clug] GNOME 3 in trouble according to El reg. True or a beat up?

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:18:54 MST 2012

Nope.

But probably should. For me it's about using something that will have
a long term development path. I used to like fiddling with a million
config files (even wrote my own launcher thing in X11 years back), not
so anymore.

MATE (as a fork of GNOME) does look good but I wonder if they can keep
up all the good work maintaining their own fork of nautilus, evince,
etc.

So for me it's about the path of least resistance, when things change,
I first attempt to retrain myself to use the new defaults/WM and if
not then I find ways around them (such as what I sent before!). This
probably isn't the "linux way".

That and I like desktop eye candy, this probably comes from my Apple
IIe/Mac Plus/Mac SE/30 heritage.