[clug] May CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Lana Brindley mail at lanabrindley.com
Thu May 10 04:54:25 MDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 21:03 +1000, Paul Wayper wrote:
> On 05/08/2012 08:00 AM, Paul Wayper wrote:
> > 	CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 10th May 2012
> > 	================================================================
> >
> > Date:		10th May 2012 (Second Thursday of the month)
> >
> > Time:		19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)
> >
> > Currently there are no talks scheduled. Would anyone like to volunteer?
>
> I need to go through the code with Andrew Pollock at some stage, but astute
> people will have noticed that the 10th is the Thursday and the 9th is the
> Wednesday.  Unfortunately for me, I put the 9th into the LUG-in-a-box and it's
> quite happily reminding me that I was going to do a talk on Doxygen this month.
>
> "The way to good documentation is through reducing the
> effort of maintaining it. Doxygen aims to do this by
> keeping your documentation in the same file you edit to
> write your code - the source file. It also aims to
> document your code through understanding your source
> file itself. It can then be used to output man pages,
> web pages, and text files. In this talk Paul will
> demonstrate some of the features of Doxygen and how you
> can get working documentation out of it. "

I'm not sure I approve of Doxygen being referred to as "working
documentation". "Documentation" maybe, but "working"? ;)

Lana Brindley
writer:speaker:blogger
Unprovided with original learning, unformed in the habits of thinking,
unskilled in the arts of composition, I resolved to write a book.
 -- Edward Gibbon (1737 - 1794)