[clug] JOB: Linux system administrator

matt andrews wantok at gmail.com
Tue May 1 01:32:28 MDT 2012

Hi all,

Our team has another job going: we are looking for a Linux sysad with
a penchant for Ubuntu and the web.  Applications close on Thursday 10
May.

You can see more details and apply online at http://deewr.gov.au/jobs
(go to Current Vacancies, then Vacancies by Level > DEEWR Broadband 2
(APS 4-6), then see the System Administrator entry).

Apologies for the clunky online application process.

Feel free to get in touch with me to discuss.

Cheers,

Matt Andrews
Technical Manager | Web Design & Development
Department of Education, Employment & Workplace Relations (DEEWR)
Matt.Andrews at deewr.gov.au | (02) 6240 5959

Job details:

Job Title: System Administrator
Classification:  APS Level 6
Location:  Canberra, ACT
Closing Date:  10/05/2012 23:30 (AEST)
Status | Job Type:  Ongoing | Full-Time
Salary Range: $74,260 - $81,661
Contact:  Matt Andrews (02) 6240 5959

Job Description:

Be at the cutting edge of open source web solutions within government.
If you have strong full-stack experience, this position may be for
you. Our small, busy team works with Drupal, Linux, Git, web standards
and modern web development practices.

The Web Design & Development team is responsible for the development
of new and existing Departmental websites. The successful candidate
will be part of administering technical system solutions at every
level of the web stack, from server configuration and database
management to the maintenance of security, monitoring, back-up and
deployment systems. Working directly with open source products and new
technologies and using Drupal as the primary web platform running on
Linux servers hosted in the cloud with modern deployment and
management systems.

Working directly to the Senior System Administrator the successful
candidate will undertake server configuration and database
administration and be involved in the design and management of
security, monitoring, back-up and deployment systems. The position
involves working in a small multi-disciplinary team incorporating
development for new and existing websites, database administration and
system administration.

The successful applicant will be responsible for administering Ubuntu
Linux servers running Nginx, PHP and MySQL on Debian/Ubuntu Linux and
assisting with the design and management of security, monitoring,
back-up and deployment systems.