[clug] spare Sony PS3?

Robert Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Thu Mar 29 18:50:40 MDT 2012

Hi all,

We have a researcher working on an older Sony PS3 (the "Fat" version)
and about to finish a paper when the machine was electrically tested
yesterday and is now having a major issue with it's power supply.

We tried substituting a power supply from a newer "Slim" PS3, but the
power supplies are not inter-changable at all.

Does anyone have a spare older style Sony PS3 that we could borrow the
power supply from for a few days in order to get this research complete?

And yes, the machine is running Linux - so is somewhat relevant to
this list...

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.