[clug] CAD program

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 06:02:46 MDT 2012

>> http://www.3ds.com/products/draftsight/free-cad-software/
>
> Nice.

Indeed, I'm giving it a try now. For now I use qcad regularly, I find
the way it mixes keyboard+mouse input confusing but them I am fairly
hardwired for autocad.

> Going semi-OT, has anyone here successfully gotten Google Sketchup
> running (and stable) under wine on an Ubuntu distro?

Yup.  I'm on 10.10 here, works fine.  The UI sometimes lags a little
(pull tool doesn't look like it's going to pull as the cursor doesn't
change, but it does). So just draw away and ignore what the cursor
looks like!