[clug] need help: simple(?) raid question

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun Mar 25 16:24:45 MDT 2012

After upgrading f14->f15->f16 I still have one problem. The system
attempts to use /dev/md0 before it is fully operational. The specific
error is about not finding a superblock.

How to I ensure the system waits before using the device?

Unfortunately no messages are kept from the initial boot that lands
me in the emergency shell, but the failure seems to come from either
fedora-autorelabel-mark.service or fedora-autorelabel.service.

I should add, if it matters, that:
- in the shell I simply say 'mount /dev/md0' and exit.
   When the full boot completes, a few services are missing.
- the raid is on partitions /dev/sd[b-g]1
- I have /etc/mdadm.conf
- neither / nor /boot are on the raid

TIA

--