[clug] what is best way to migrate a whole computer's content to another?

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 9 00:31:15 MST 2012

First of all thanks for the great suggestions.

Secondly I had just rebuilt the old PC so I don't have much cruft on it
at all. However, give me a few months and .... ;--)

I spent ages reloading the Ubuntu 10.04 with encrypted home directories
and then getting backup files from my backups.

I think I just need to load a standard Ubuntu 10.04 and then start
recoving the /opt /usr/home/* etc.

Thanks for the encouraging discussion.

John