[clug] Measuring residual current

Peter Barker pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au
Fri Jun 22 02:18:07 MDT 2012

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012, Glen Cunningham wrote:

>>  	Does anybody have in their toolkit a simple device to *measure*
>> any residual current a device may be experiencing?  I'm after

>  Got one from , of all places, Aldi a few weeks ago for $15
> <http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/2827_21888.htm>
>  Might be what you want if there are any left. G.

Ah, again, that measures *current* not *residual current* :-)

BTW, the device you reference is actually reasonably good, except at low
currents IIRC.  We've compared a few and found one real turkey....

Thanks,
--
Peter Barker                          |   Programmer,Sysadmin,Geek.
pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au	      |   You need a bigger hammer.