[clug] Can't mount an encrupted backup file system

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Thu Jun 14 18:14:09 MDT 2012

Hi Ian,

I did the 'modprobe sha256'  command with no improvement. I then did a
'sudo apt-get update' and noticed lots of packages were updated or
loaded.  I then tried the 'sudo cryptsetup luksAddKey /dev/sdb1 backup'
command and got a little bit further this time:

$ sudo su -
# cryptsetup luksAddKey /dev/sdb1 backup
Enter any passphrase:
Verify passphrase:
NO key available with this passphrase.
#

There is no entry for 'backup' in the /dev/mapper directory.

On previous occasions I wasn't even prompted for a passphrase so the
update and/or 'modprobe sha256' command has moved me along slightly.

Thanks.

John