[clug] bluetooth drops out

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Mon Jul 23 06:11:59 MDT 2012

My main question remains: Is there a software way to revive the device?

See responses inline.

On 07/23/12 20:08, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 23/07/12 19:31, eyal at pcug.org.au wrote:
>> Every so often my bluetooth device drops out, and the only way to bring it
>> back
>> it to dis/re-connect it physically. This is a problem when I am not at
>> home as
>> happened recently when I way away for six weeks.
>

> Have you checked your power saver settings to ensure the device (USB) is
> not being put to sleep (when inactive)?

I do not think that there is any power saving set up. Also, the interval
between interruptions is anything from less than 1 hour up to 20 hours.

I could not see a correlation between these failures and other activity
(or log messages).

>> I attach below the relevant log entries for a recent failure, as well as an
>> example of a case where the device was automatically reconnected (happens
>> a few
>> time a day). Both cases were unattended,
>>
>> Is there a way to revive the system unattended?
>
> The service can be restarted, though it's unlikely it has actually been
> stopped. Your log shows the device being disabled.
>
>> A cold usb bus re-scan maybe?
>
> No.
> Try:-
> # hciconfig hc0 up