[clug] unusual item in newspaper

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Jul 10 05:24:47 MDT 2012

On 07/10/12 21:11, Scott Ferguson wrote:
> On 10/07/12 19:56, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>

>> Anyone has an idea?
>
> The list only allows plain text emails[*1]... (looking at your
> headers[*2]) you have Thunderbird set to send HTML to the list - so it
> sends both plain text *and* HTML, only the plain text is relayed (and
> attachments stripped out).

I see

> [*1]deliver us from dancing bears, flashing text, animated icons,
> avatars and security exploits, spare us the bandwidth and Comic Sans
> fonts in 12 different pastel shades on a neon background.
>
> [*2]Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
>

> NOTE: under Server Settings/Composition and Addressing for your email
> account (in Thunderbird) you can select the default format of HTML (or
> unselect it).
>
> If you look in the Thunderbird Contacts for this list you can set the
> "prefers to recieve messages formatted as..." (plain text or HTML).

I do have this list in the address-book as prefers text, which I usually do.
The main issue I had is that a text email also did not accept the jpg
attachment. Then thunderbird started misbehaving (still an open issue for me).

>> TIA,
>>      Eyal
>>
>> On 07/10/12 19:36, Stephen Gibson wrote:
>>> Hi Eyal,
>>>            No attachment with thunderbird or mutt. I am pretty sure
>>> that the list does not allow attachments.  Why not convert it to text?
>
> Or just link to the text version? (it's in all of Murdock's diatribes)
> http://www.theaustralian.com.au/help/privacypolicy

I know of privacy policies, but was surprised to see this is print,
where they do not have anything about me in the first place.
It is also not at all clear (was not to me) that this notice is from
*this* newspaper.

Now I know.

>>> Steve.
>>

> Kind regards