[clug] [FORSALE][WANTED] 19" full-height rack - any available? (linux Digest, Vol 110, Issue 13, Message 1)

Miles Goodhew mgoodhew at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 04:59:44 MST 2012

Peter,

> Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:58:15 +1100 (EST)
> From: Peter Barker <pbarker at barker.dropbear.id.au>
> To: Lots of People <linux at samba.org>
>
>        Does anybody have any full-height 19" racks they no longer want
> cluttering the place up?
>
>        We have need of one...

  I just so happen to have a oh-so-retro-it's-beyond-cool CSIRONET 19"
rack that I'm reluctantly willing to part with for the low-low price
of nothing (Providing you can drag it away). It holds its value as an
asset, 'cause that's exactly what I paid for it from the PCUG some
time ago.

  The catch (or... catches): This rack was hand-crafted in Canberra by
CanFab engineering out of solid steel bits. As such, it carries some
"gravity". I can carry each piece when disassembled, but the main
frame (Is that a pun?) is a good leg/forearm workout.

  Also, the rack is 450mm deep between the inside of the mounting
rails (i.e. kinda shallow if you want something mounted both sides).
It has no inbuilt power-supply, distribution boards or fans. I'll
throw-in the hand-crafted chipboard shelves I made for it, 24-port
switch and slightly flaky patch-panel.

  Hopefully this link gets you a picture of it: http://goo.gl/vRKgX

Let me know if you want it,

M0les.