[clug] 2 factor authentication in an era of smartphones

Matthew Oliver matt at oliver.net.au
Sun Dec 9 20:35:56 MST 2012

I've recently been playing with setting up OTP authentication on the test
environment at work using soft tokens (smart phone apps). And have it
working nicely with FreeRadius.

We are using LinOTP2, Google Authenticator, and FreeRadius to do VPN
authentication and to authenticate to our test networks' network devices.

I haven't got to the stage of pushing it to production but I can send you
my notes (redacted of course) if that interests you? Or I'll just blog it
so it benefits everyone. :)

Matt