[clug] Who has better dd foo than I?

Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org
Tue Aug 7 05:38:44 MDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 07, 2012 at 09:26:59PM +1000, Mike Carden wrote:
> Does it really matter?
>
> I mean, on the surface this comes across as BOFH-style "You dirty users
> can't have all of my shiny new disk!"
>
> I know I am naive in these matters, but is there room for discovering what
> the actual business need is for storage and just maybe meeting it?

You actually have more storage than business asks for, or they are willing
to buy more? Wow, unlike the oh can we move everything into Trim, what you
need more disk? isnt disk something the disk fairies bring from the sky? you
want how much money to meet these new "business needs?"

	See You
	    Steve

... so sick of govet ticking the compiance box by making people use Trim

--
Steven Hanley sjh at svana.org http://svana.org/sjh/diary
you are subtle as a window pane, standing in my view