[clug] Another pom incoming.

Mike Carden mike.carden at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 02:38:50 MDT 2012

Hi Dave.

The skills you mention are certainly in demand here, but any Federal
government job will need you to be a citizen in order to obtain a
security clearance, unless... unless you are brilliant and the hiring
manager can get their agency head to approve a citizenship waiver.
This is pretty much only possible if it can be proved that no other
person can be found to match your skills. I have done this before but
it's very, very difficult. Not impossible, but difficult.

Other than that, I suggest you look to the universities. They mostly
don't need to employ Australian citizens.

Private industry *can* be okay, but in Canberra most of the private IT
companies are contracting to government so you'd need a clearance
anyway and you're back to square one.

Good luck with your job hunt and we look forward to catching up with
you in Canberra later in the year.

--
MC