[clug] need a fix it person

wesley bruce wesleybruce at grapevine.com.au
Wed Sep 14 03:08:51 MDT 2011

I have a linux 10.04 /windows xp dual boot computer. I have some things
that wont run in linux hence the dual boot. I'm having black screen
faults on the linux with sound and video going together. The computer is
still running doing something but I don't know what. Attempts to save a
file with ctl-s then ctl-q failed. We, Chris has helped a little
already, tried to fix it with a re set of the video drivers but that
just switched the fault from the linux side to the windows side!?! Has
any one heard of that happening due to software or is it likely to be
hardware? I need someone who can debug both sides to figure out how a
glitch from one side of the dual boot can flip over to the other side.

I can't afford to buy new parts on speculation due to medical expenses
so I'm looking for a software fix first if possible.

Note the change of email I was on the list via wesleybruce at iinet.net.au
but we have changed addresses for various reasons.