[clug] Kubuntu 10.04 to the rescue... ta-ta-ta-dah! [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Ellis, Peter MR Peter.Ellis at defence.gov.au
Wed Sep 14 18:02:06 MDT 2011

UNCLASSIFIED

Last night my son (ANU student, 4th year electrical eng) came to me with
his laptop and the somewhat forlorn expression of someone who was in
trouble.

On the laptop were some essential results from testing. MS Windoze was
refusing to boot.

So (ta-ta-ta-dah!) out came a lying-around-the-place Kubuntu 10.04 live
CD and, after my assurance that using it would NOT wipe his disk, 5
minutes later the disk had offered up its contents to both his USB key
and mine (as a further backup!)

He'd watched me boot the CD, and has taken it in case he needs to have
access to his laptop again before we next meet.

:-)
Peter

P Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

IMPORTANT:
This email remains the property of the Australian Defence Organisation
and is subject to the jurisdiction of Section 70 of the Crimes Act 1914
(Cwlth).

If you have received this email in error you are requested to contact
the sender and delete the email.

IMPORTANT: This email remains the property of the Department of Defence