[clug] Why does my motherboard hate me?

Francis James Whittle fj.whittle at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 21:16:21 MDT 2011

Urgh, self reply, sorry.

I've also noticed drastic changes in hardware behaviour between BIOS
revisions on the UD2H — for example, later firmwares seem to stall for a
long time on cold boot while "detecting" IDE drives, but earlier ones
only provide basic HID support intermittently (meaning that I can only
use my USB keyboard after the Linux USB stack is loaded on 4 out of 5
boots).  I don't know if this is true also for the US2H, but maybe you
could trying upgrading your BIOS if there's a more recent revision
available?