[clug] X-Plane under Linux

Sam Couter sam at couter.id.au
Tue Oct 25 03:40:03 MDT 2011

Peter VK1PE <vk1pe.peter at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay, I've had some movement on this; I've looked up and followed
> the official advice (wiki.x-plane.org) again, and I've got the
> installer to run under bash, but get the message ""Whoah -- No
> matter how hard I tried, I failed to get a GLX visual. Something's
> seriously wonky on your machine."

I can't find a host name for wiki.x-plane.org so I'll have to go for the
most obvious stuff.

First, run the following from a terminal:

glxinfo | grep "direct rendering"

It should say yes.

Next, does glxgears run?

I don't really know where to go if both of those are right but the
installer doesn't work.
Sam Couter         |  mailto:sam at couter.id.au