[clug] Debian Installation Fail

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 01:33:04 MDT 2011

On 14/10/11 14:52, Alex Satrapa wrote:
> On 14/10/2011, at 13:35 , Scott Ferguson wrote:
>
>> Did vt4 (in the installer) yield any other clues??
>
> Bugger. There's always the obvious answer that one simply forgot about.
>
> Here we go:
>> anna[4306]: WARNING **: bad d-i Packages file
>> net-retriever: gpgv: WARNING: multiple signatures detected. Only the
>> first will be checked.
>> net-retriever: gpgv: Signature made Sat Oct 1 13:35:05 2011 UTC using
>> RSA key ID 473041FA
>> net-retriever: gpgv: Can't check signature: public key not found
>> net-retriever: error: Bad signature on /tmp/net-retriever-4446-Release
>
> So it is likely to be a case of my installer being too old.

Maybe - the gpg date is fine.

I *did* notice the Lenny comment in your original post and thought
nothing of it (still supported for a few months yet) - didn't occur to
me that your installer might be a little dated.

> I have to
> update that part of the documentation of my install process anyway :)
>
> Alex

If you're feeling really cheap - just pull down that package [*1] copy
it into the chroot - you've probably got everything else in your squid
cache (or /var/cache/apt/archives on another deb box).

Probably better to update - the freshly baked installer is just 46MB.

It might also be a good opportunity to try the USB/network installers
[*2] - makes pre-seeding easier. And there's room for more documentation
on wiki.debian.org ;-)

Cheers

[*1]
http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=net-retriever&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all