[clug] Ripping CDs

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Mon Nov 21 22:59:40 MST 2011

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 04:29:35PM +1100, steve jenkin wrote:
> Hal Ashburner wrote on 22/11/11 1:16 PM:
> > Anyone else disillusioned by the Open model?
> Not the model that's broken, but the person doing the code/project being
> deaf.
[...]
> You'd hope that 'responsible' large c/o like IBM, RedHat,
> SuSE/Novell/owner, Canonical, ... would have the clout/resources to keep
> The Really Important Projects on-track.
Depends what you mean important, it seems to be about visible and new.

procps forked recently and it's basically driven by Debian, Fedora and
SuSE plus some other volunteers; though there has been some help from
RedHat.  The fork  happened mainly because we were sick of holding onto
our respective set of patches (Debian had 75, now 30)

Of course we had a regression bug :( so I'm off to check out Dejagnu.

I happen to like the open model, ever tried to resurrect old closed
software?  Actually just getting hold of the data is bad enough.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org