[clug] Ripping CDs

Hal Ashburner hal at ashburner.info
Mon Nov 21 19:42:26 MST 2011

On 22/Nov/2011, at 1:35 PM, Craig Small wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 01:16:27PM +1100, Hal Ashburner wrote:
>> What else do people use for minimum hassle flac ripping?
> I use abcde for rip,encode,tag and save. It apparently does a whole
> bunch of encodings (or rather it drives them, you still need the
> encoder) but I only used it for mp3s. So for mp3s it uses lame and for
> flac it uses flac.
>
> Basically put the CD in the drive, type abcde and enter a few times and
> wait.

Brilliant,
Sounds like just the thing. If not there's ruby-ripper, grip & asunder at a minimum. You know this open source model is awesome. Three seemingly very solid alternatives in 5 minutes when you get annoyed with something. Can't imagine how anyone would think it's not just great. ;-)

Cheers people.