[clug] sms from the command line?

Nemo Thorx clug at nemo.house.cx
Thu Nov 17 07:31:34 MST 2011

On 17Nov'11, Michael Still did utter:

> I have just discovered that pennytel allege to have a SMS sending API.
> It costs 5 cents per SMS. I haven't had a play with it yet, but it is on
> the list of things to do...

If one of the things you want to monitor is network connectivity, then
I think talking to a phone that effectively has it's own network
connection is the way to go.

I've been pondering this myself for my own home setup, and was wondering
if anyone knows any phones that match the following two criteria

1. gnokii/smsd/equivalent can tell it what to do (most likely 'send an SMS')
2. maintains charge with the same USB cable link to the PC as it gets
   data from

...USB connections are increasingly ubiquitous, but sometimes are for
data only, not charging.

.../Nemo