[clug] F15 xfce: suspend does not lock the session

Craig Small csmall at enc.com.au
Sun Nov 13 15:54:59 MST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 10:11:08PM +1100, Chris Smart wrote:
> On 12/11/11 21:04, Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:
> > Having upgraded to F15, and after suffering the gnome3 horror for a few
> > weeks I finally discovered xfce and got things back to "comfortable".
> > What a relief.
> >
> Out of curiosity, did you try GNOME's fallback mode? (Which makes GNOME
> 3 more like GNOME 2).
I also suffered gnome3 and also moved to xfce.  I didn't try (or know of) the
fallback mode. I liked the look of gnome3 but hated the behaviour of
it.

xfce has some annoying features of its own (alt-tab beeps for example,
though thats fixed with xset b off) but it doesn't get between me and
what I'm trying to do; gnome3 reminds me of that damn paperclip.

> Naturally you don't have gnome-session running, so maybe you'll need to
> install xscreensaver instead?
Ah, that explains the dependencies that got pulled in with Debian.

 - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ   http://enc.com.au/          csmall at : enc.com.au
Debian GNU/Linux     http://www.debian.org/      csmall at : debian.org