[clug] 8mm Video to DVD Recommendations

Jeff Stiff smee.heee at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 03:54:56 MST 2011

G'Day List,

A non-Linux question, just using the collective knowledge of the list.

I am looking at transferring some old 8mm film to DVD and was
wondering if anyone had any recommendations of who to use.  I have
just done a google search and found a number of places that do it, but
obviously would prefer a recommendation based on actual experience if
someone on the list has used any of these sort of places in the past.

This is just for home videos, where some are probably already beyond
saving.  Therefore preferable to keep the cost down, while obviously
getting still a reasonable transfer.

Thanks in advanced for any suggestions and recommendations.

Cheers,
Jeff.