[clug] Base

Keith Sayers keiths at apex.net.au
Tue Nov 1 14:40:44 MDT 2011

	I am trying to download the Open Office database Base to join the other components of
Open Office that come with Kubuntu 10.4 - but I am getting a refusal message "The following
packages block the installation - openoffice.org-base".  I deduce that somewhere I have an
erroneous registry entry suggesting that the Base package is already installed (which it
is not, it does not come up from a search and the KPackageKit clearly offers it as
'available' not as 'installed').  Does that sound plausible?  If so could anyone suggest
where I might find that entry, please?