[clug] Apple TV 2G mythTV frontend

Stephen Gibson Stephen.Gibson at anu.edu.au
Sat May 28 16:41:44 MDT 2011

> Try installing powernowd.
> Even though it is a cpu frequency scaling program, it seems to control the
> fan too.
> Found that I had to install it on Ubuntu 10.10 to quiet the cpu fan.

Thanks, Pete. I am not sure how succesful this program will be or what
options to use, since sensors only reports:

coretemp-isa-0000
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 0:      +27.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +102.0°C)

coretemp-isa-0001
Adapter: ISA adapter
Core 1:      +27.0°C  (high = +82.0°C, crit = +102.0°C)

and sensors-detect does not mention anything to do with a fan.
My motherboard is an ASrock H61M U3S3.
However, I am still interested in reducing the fan noise.

On the mythtv -> TV front:

UPnP appears to work, but not via mythtv. For some reason my Sony TV
ignores the mythtv UPnP server. UPnP-inspector indicates the that server
is present.

However, the serviio (not open source though) UPnP server is recognised by
the TV, and it appears to work well. UPnP has the advantage over ATV2 that
the full media resolution is retained (I think), and the TV remote can be
used to skip ahead.

Two issues with using UPnP:
(1) serviio lists the recording directory using the mythtv file names,
    which are not very informative e.g. 1022_20110506213900.mpg
    However, mythname.pl can solve this, combined with a script
    (to be written).
(2) I am not sure whether any live recordings are accessible.

Steve.